So the other day I was bored on my phone checking out my
Instagram and I came across a photo that an actor I follow posted. I decided to
look more into it since it stated an issue that caught my attention. I found a website (link posted below) and learned that annually, state prisons in California spend about seven times the amount of money on ONE PRISONER than they do on ONE STUDENT. This educational campaign is raising awareness on the money being spent on the people being sent to prison and the affects it is causing on the money that could be invested in schools.
I'm glad that this issue has been recognized and hopefully, in time, the right steps will be taken to a better future for education.
http://www.safeandjust.org/
http://www.safeandjust.org/

The video was chilling. Very effective. Thank you.
ReplyDeletewhat a crazy stat, they spend 7x more money on one prisoner than they do one one student?!
ReplyDelete